Thursday, November 14, 2013

Drat and double drat

I had planned on posting today. 

I had planned on posting the prayers my church friends had assembled for us in these nine days leading up to the transfer.

Instead, I get to say goodbye to the November transfer.

Had my lining check today.  This is an essential pre-transfer step, ensuring the uterine lining is all comfy cozy for the embryos and that I'm ready to start progesterone.

And while my womb is all comfy cozy deluxe mattress like (10.2 lining for those who know what this means), I already ovulated.  And since transfers are timed to coordinate with ovulation (in the event ovulation isn't suppressed altogether), this just won't do. 

Hello, December transfer.

Honestly, either November or December could work for us.  We're out a little bit of money by this cycle failure, but there are no major events we're working around.

However...  and there's always a however, or a but....  However, we do run into issues on the other end of things. 

December transfer means September birth.  And a certain husband is tentatively scheduled for the sandbox in September.  And October, November, December, January....  you get the idea.

I'm not going to get all gloom and doom.  Habeep and Bappio are still waiting for us, no problems there.  And military wives have been delivering babies solo for years, if that's what ends up happening.

And so, we alter the plans.  Refocus the prayers.  And proceed onwards.


  1. Oh no! Such a bummer. I know what it feels like to have a transfer cancelled. All the plans, the effort, the hopes, the emotions..... and then it's cancelled. Praying that December transfer will be smooth, and God will line things up perfectly for when baby comes =)

    1. Thanks for the prayers. I know they've helped since I'm remarkably calm!