On the bright side, per yesterday's OB and MFM visits, all restrictions are lifted. I show normal signs of labor for this stage: baby is head down but not engaged (and no dilation). I can do what I want comfortably. Saturday's family mud run? Bring it on! Actually, I'll just be there on the sidelines - I'm not throwing all caution to the wind. :-)
Yes, Violet, you were born after Momma jumped in a mud pit and couldn't get out. After Herculean strength on Daddy's part, he hauled Momma out only to find her succumbing to intense contractions. And a small crowd gathered as you were born in a muddy park one spring day, a far cry different from your siblings' 36 hour sterile hospital delivery.
Umm, no thanks.
Based on the picture below, I think I should henceforth be renamed "She Who Swallowed a Basketball":
For contrast, here's a picture of me pregnant with the twins at almost exactly the same point (36w6D). My belly might protrude just as far, but I am carrying more of a watermelon shape, from hips all the way to chest.
Since I'm in the home stretch, I figure it's time to take gender and dating predictions. And for the most accurate guess, I suppose I could come up with some sort of prize? Maybe a gift card to be mailed? I'll accept a vote either here on the blog or on facebook (I know I'll link to this on good ole FB).
To recap, Violet is now an estimated 6 lbs 10 oz and has consistently been well above the 50th percentile for size. My official due date is May 27. And so far my OB and I do not have an induction date in mind.
Old Wife's Tales
1. I'm carrying low - this means BOY
2. Heartbeat is often below 140 - this means BOY
3. Craving sweet or salty? - No cravings. However, if we get technical, I like an occasional root beer float and love my dark chocolate (something that preceded this pregnancy) - this might mean GIRL
4. Face breaking out? - Not really. This means BOY (girls supposedly "steal your beauty" - weird!)
5. Queasiness levels - more queasy this pregnancy than with twins - this means GIRL.
6. Belly is basketball or watermelon shaped? - basketball means BOY
End tally: BOY - 4 votes GIRL - 2 votes
So, tell me. What do you think? Boy or girl? Birth date??