Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Somewhat Surreal

Sorry for the absence. Life has been busy and, though I've composed multiple entries in my head, they've yet to make it out.



I have five weeks to decide if I want to find out if Violet is really a girl.  Or a surprise boy.  Or will remain a surprise until May.  Five weeks.  That's kind of insane.

My OB referred me to a MFM (we called them perinatologists in VA) to check on the status of our "vanishing twin". 

News:  Dash's sac is still there, though he is not.

Good news:  Violet should be physically unaffected by the lingering second sac.

Best news:  Violet was very active on yesterday's ultrasound, sucking her thumb, flipping, jumping, kicking, body slamming... 

I forgot how amazing these early ultrasounds are, when you can see them move but still not feel anything.

In the picture above, Violet had just done a belly/face flop, one of her many break-dancing moves.  I'm greatly amused by the roundness of her little bottom.


In the picture below, she is resting on her back between rounds of hip hop.



Thank you, God, for this gift of life.  It's been a long, hard road (for both our snowbabies and
ourselves) but we trust in You.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo. I am so sorry to hear about Baby Dash. Grow, Violet, grow!

    ReplyDelete