Friday, August 15, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Prayer Requests



http://www.conversiondiary.com/2014/08/7-quick-takes-friday-17.html



I thought originally I had seven prayer requests.  I'm sure I have more than seven, but some are more personal intentions while others are ongoing prayers.  In the end, I only am putting into words the six more time sensitive prayer requests.

1.  My best friend's sister-in-law is slightly younger than me and has three darling children.  And has had anything but a restful summer given her recent breast cancer diagnosis.  Erin had a lumpectomy Wednesday and, while the cancer hadn't spread, she is at a high risk for it returning.  She'll be starting chemo and radiation soon.  Please lift up Erin and her family as they negotiate these difficult trials.  St. Peregrine, pray for Erin and her family.


2.  There is a blogging family I've followed for years, Joy Beyond the Cross, well, stalked may be more like it since I'm terrible about commenting on others' blogs.  I digress.  Her newborn daughter Katharine Therese, started having cyanotic episodes one day after birth.  And the medical professionals have no idea what's going on yet. Yet, that's the key word here.  Please hold the B. family dear as they struggle to find answers.  Sts. Jude and Colette, pray for baby Katharine and her family.


3.  I am a member of a rapidly growing Embryo Adoption/Donation facebook group.  Two of the women I've gotten to know a little bit are living both their dreams and their nightmares at the same time.  Both women have grown their respective families first through infant adoption and now they're experiencing a second dream - pregnancy through embryo adoption.  Unfortunately, both women are facing scary diagnoses. A. has recently learned that her male twin is missing a hand and one bone in his forearm, possibly due to a uterine band defect.  Since the exact cause is not yet known, the doctors have not ruled out the possibility of further disabilities.  K. has recently learned that one of her female twins likely has Trisomy 18, a condition that is not compatible with life. Please lift these ladies and their families in prayer, as they shoulder new burdens and shower love upon the little lives they are growing.  Sts. Gerard, Jude, and Colette, pray for these families.


4.  My mom is a bit of a connundrum for her doctor.  She is in exceptional health for her age.  Except for the recently discovered 2.5 cm hole in her heart.  Apparently it's so unusual for an adult to have a hole in their heart that her cardiologist is using her file with his cardiology students.  Right now, the plans are to close the hole through a cardiac cath next week (I don't know the exact date yet).  Please pray for my mom that the upcoming procedure be a success.  St. John of God, pray for my mom (and my dad, as he may be a nervous wreck).


5.    Cora and Mac have named our two remaining embryos "Dash" and "Violet".  However, the twins have informed me that "Dash" and "Violet" will not be born with any super skills as babies can't do those things yet.  I pray that "Dash" and "Violet" will indeed be born and we will see them in this world.  Sts. Gianna and Padre Pio, please hold close these little ones and encourage them to grow when the time is right.


6.  Me.  I've worked hard to try to cultivate hope for our upcoming final embryo transfer.  But, it is hard.  I alternate between estimating transfer dates/subsequent due dates and then imagining giving all our baby items away if this transfer is once more unsuccessful.  I told a friend recently that I've downgraded myself from a "when" to an "if" (when we get pregnant vs if we get pregnant).  I don't view myself as a pessimist, but there is, unsurprisingly, some amount of self-preservation present.  I may have said this before on here, but my motto lately has been to "find joy in the present and hope in the future".  Some days are way harder than others.  St. Rita, pray for us.


Saint explanations (All prayers help, but some Saints have a special place in their own hearts for particular intercessions):

St. Peregrine - patron saint of cancer patients

Sts. Jude and Colette - patron saints of sick babies

St. Gerard - patron saint of expectant mothers

St. John of God - patron saint of heart patients

Sts. Gianna and Padre Pio - patron saints of the unborn

St. Rita - patron saint of those struggling with infertility

1 comment:

  1. #6. Being a realist is not the same as being a pessimist. There are times when we realize that the universe/G-d/whatever we believe in is sending us a message, and we are ready to accept it then. I hope and pray that you will get your heart's desire!

    ReplyDelete